Jacksonville’s Winter festival is once again returning for 2016 to offer fun for all! Not sure what you can all do at Winterfest? Need to know when the best activities are? We’ve got a quick break down in our blog on everything you need to do about the 2016 Jacksonville Winterfest!
What is there to do at the Jacksonville Winterfest in 2016?
Jacksonville’s Winterfest the perfect event for families to have a little fun during the early holiday season! You can visit with Santa, do some ice skating, enjoy a good, old-fashioned snowball fight, and much more! There will even be sledding with real snow, along with the annual tree lighting and Flotilla on the New River. The tree lighting ceremony will take place on Saturday, Dec. 3 at Riverwalk Crossing Park, starting at 5:30 p.m. with the Flotilla on the New River happening after dark.
The Winter Fun activity (listed below for Saturday) will include plenty of different things for Children (reindeer games, pony and hayrides, petting zoo), sledding, ice skating, seeing Santa in his workshop, visiting the Candy Shop at Riverwalk Marina, and plenty of different live, musical entertainment!
Schedule for Jacksonville Winterfest 2016
Friday, December 2
- Arts and Crafts — Jacksonville Commons @ 5-8 p.m.
- Santa’s Arrival — Jacksonville Commons @ 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 3
- Arts and Crafts — Jacksonville Commons @ 10-6 p.m.
- Free Shuttle — Riverwalk Crossing Park and Jacksonville Commons @ 12-7 p.m.
- Santa’s Arrival — Riverwalk Crossing Park @ 1 p.m.
- Winter Fun — Riverwalk Crossing Park @ 1-6 p.m.
Sunday, December 4
- Arts and Crafts — Jacksonville Commons @ 12-5 p.m.
- Pet Pics with Santa — Jacksonville Commons @ 12-4 p.m.
- Gingerbread Contest Entry Viewing and Winners @ 3-4 p.m.